Calling all web design wizards! Create/Captivate is looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our team as a Part-Time Website Designer. You’ll be responsible for designing and developing beautiful and functional websites for our small business and nonprofit clients, working closely with our team as well as the client to understand their needs and goals, and then creating websites that are both visually appealing and easy to use.
If you’re a creative whiz with a knack for web design (customizing WordPress and Shopify templates), then this is the job for you! We’re looking for someone who can bring our clients’ visions to life and create websites that will help them achieve their business goals.
Part-Time Website Designer at Create/Captivate
- Mastery in designing on platforms such as WordPress and Shopify.
- Proficient use of Adobe tools and Canva.
- Develop wireframes and mockups to guide web projects.
- Design responsive layouts for mobile, tablet, and desktop interfaces.
- Customize WordPress and Shopify themes to meet client specifications.
- Stay updated with emerging design trends and integrate them where appropriate.
- Uphold and evolve design standards and best practices.
- Incorporate client-specific color schemes seamlessly into designs.
- Maintain and update WordPress plugins, themes, and core functionalities.
- Analyze website performance using Google Analytics and SEO Tools.
- Collaborate with clients to refine design requests and ensure satisfaction.
- Develop engaging landing pages that drive user action.
- Integrate CMS programs and data feeds into websites as needed.
- Optimize websites for speed, performance, and cross-device compatibility.
- Conduct thorough website audits to ensure functionality and stability.
- Provide support throughout the website build and launch process.
- 3-5+ years of professional web design experience.
- Strong visual design and composition skills.
- A minimum of minor development experience including the knowledge of how to set up a client hosting account as well as how to migrate their old domain and site to a new hosting provider.
- Effective time management and the ability to meet tight deadlines as well as multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing, production, website design, and multimedia design.
- A minimum of the “basics” of Search Engine Optimization experience i.e., Header and Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, Photo Alt Text.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Client communication skills for leading clients through the web design process.
- Strong presentation and teaching skills to properly train clients on how to manage/update their websites.
- Max of 15 hours of work per week to start.
- Work in a hybrid environment with a set schedule in our Norfolk VA office.
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS platforms is a plus
- Experience with SEO and responsive design is also a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team